Steps to perform before upgrading:
- Backup files and database (including language files if you are not using custom_lang.php file to overwrite translation text)
- Check the changelog – if you are using your own theme for the customers area. To make sure that there is no changes in the original theme. If any changes there will be mentioned in the first list item from the changelog.
- Download files from Envato.
- Overwrite the following folders (copy folders from new version update files to your current files):
- modules (if upgrading to v2.3.0 or above)
- Overwrite the pipe.php file (copy from new version update files to your current files).
- To check what version you are using visit click here.
- If any CSS/js errors outputted on developers console or tables are not loading make sure you cleared your browser cache.
- If you are using language that doesn’t exist in Ixonn make sure you copied all the new text after # Version X.X.X from the original English file located in application/language/english/english_lang.php
- If you are using your own themes/view files eq my_home.php make sure to re-check them in case you are getting blank pages because may happen some function changes and an error occur in your view file. Try switching to the original files to check if everything will work.
- Getting 500 error – open support ticket and we will be happy to assist you.