If you are using version 1.2.9 you will be able to perform auto-updates to the latest version of Ixonn. We are constantly pushing updates so we can make sure that each Ixonn feature works as expected.
Note that the script won’t auto notify you that there is a new version available and you will need to check manually.
To use the auto-update feature go to Setup->Settings->System Updatesand enter your unique purchase key and click Save settings to save the purchase key for future usage.
- PHP Zip Extension
- PHP Curl Extension
- Writable temporary directory
- PHP Memory limit 128 mb (auto adjusted before update if the server allows changing php.ini settings)
- PHP max_execution_time in excess of 240 seconds – In most cases takes less time (auto adjusted before update if the server allows changing php.ini settings)
Consider before upgrading
- Backup files and database (including language files if you are not using custom_lang.php file to overwrite translation text) it is strongly recommended to create a full backup of your current installation (files and database) and review the changelog
Quick Backup Tutorial with cPanel and phpMyAdmin
- If you are using your own theme for the customers area. To make sure that there is no changes in the original theme. If any changes there will be mentioned in the first list item from the changelog.
- If you are using language that doesn’t exist in Ixonn make sure you copied all the new text after # Version X.X.X from the original English file located in application/language/english/english_lang.php
If no errors are thrown you will be able to see the Update Now button, by clicking on this button the script will try to download the latest files.
Response Error Codes
If you haven’t updated yet to the latest version and when you try to update via the auto-update feature you may see some error codes thrown in a format “The requested URL returned error 499” find below detailed info what these errors mean.
499 – Purchase key already used to download update files for the latest version. Performing multiple auto updates to the latest version with one purchase key is not allowed.
If you have multiple installations you must buy another license if license staging/testing installation and auto-update are performed there, you can perform manually update in your production area. All Envato licenses are single-end products, you can read more about this by clicking here
Update failed but and you can’t use the auto update feature again?
The error can be shown also if the update failed for some reason, but because the purchase key is already used to download the files, you won’t be able to re-download the files again, in this case, you should perform manually upgrade or open support ticket or either contact us at info[at]ixonn[dot]com and provide your purchase key so we can reset your key from our update log.
Be aware that we can’t remove this restriction for Ixonn.
498 – Invalid Purchase Key (you should re-check your purchase key and make sure that your Envato account is not locked, perhaps of active dispute)
497 – Purchase Key is Empty
The latest version is blank
If you occur this kind of problem and the latest version is shown as blank, please consult your hosting provider because the server cant makes a connection with Ixonn server.
This can happen if your server is using an old version of php curl extensions, however, the best is to consult with your hosting provider so they can check this for you.
Failed to extract ZIP File.
This means that the temporary path it’s not writable and you need to consult your hosting provider and ask them to check if tmp path is writable and enabled.
Also, this can also happen if your files and folders owner and group is incorrect, make sure that files belong to the correct web server group and owner, this is usually www-data:www-data
In case you still can’t perform the auto update you can perform an upgrade manually.